What is GDS Video Thumbnailer?
GDS Video Thumbnailer (GVT) is an application for creating Images with frame-shoots of your video's
in a snap. GVT uses advanced technology to read your video's as fast as possible, and create the frames.
GVT supports multi processors (core / thread) for optimap speec.
Why would i want to create thumbnails with "frames" of my videos?
If you need to link your videos on the internet, or just want to find a file on your local harddisk fast, it is
a great improvement to have a thumbnail that shows the content of your videos.
What's new in this release (4.0.1) ?
- Fixed parser bug (String was of incorrect format)
What's new in this release (4.0) ?
- Added a new sub-set of FFmpeg (via AForge) written in c++. It is about 10x faster than verson 3x.
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
- Removed WindowsTaskBar extension, because of problems in some versions of Vista, and lack of Microsoft support.
- Added Overlay rendering of custom data fields (video overlay text, for video info)
What's new in this release (3.0) ?
- Added an option to only use FFmpeg if DirectShow fails.
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
What's new in this release (2.1.2x) ?
- Fixed a few bugs
- Added FFmpeg support (enable it in the Video options decoder tab)
- Now supports 40+ formats.
- Added support for both x86 and x64 decoding.
- Updatet all assemblies to .NET 4.0
- Realtime Preview
- Multi Processor Support
- Rocket Fast!!
- Simple and saveable interface (save presets)
- Create single frame thumbnails
- Create multi frame thumbnails
- Customize the output frame and final thumbnail/image.
- Uniform Pixel Detection (Detects blank screens and automatically seek to next non-blank frame)
- Supports processing of single files, folders and folders recursive (sub-folders).
- Custom output format (jpg,png,bmp,tif,gif etc.)
- Custom extension output
- Many fields has auto function (clear field for auto)
- Preview Function
- Preset Function (several build-in presets)
- XBMC support (generate .tbn extension with jpg or png data)
- Lightnig Fast (very fast build in engine)
avi, mpg, mpeg, wmv, divx, m4v, mp4, flv, vob. +more.
(some formats may require additional codec's installed)
Are you a Developer
You may use GDS Video Thumbnailer dll's for your own applications for extracting video frames/thumbnails.
Just reference GDS.Video in found in the installation folder. (some code samples will be published some time soon)
With the framework you can
- Everything you see in GDS Video Thumbnailer (completely driven by the framework)
- Generate Video Thumbnails on your website (on the fly ofc) with few lines of code.
- Create your own "royalty free application" to produce video thumbnails.
The framework is very easy to use, and only requires a few lines of code.